Last night, Chris and the kids picked the first strawberries of the season! They had to look closely to find ripe berries but soon the field will be a sea of red, juicy berries.
Ripe strawberries in my kitchen + Cinco de Mayo = DELICIOUS STRAWBERRY SALSA! I just couldn’t resist the urge last night to make this scrumptious salsa and it was superb with our deli-made tortilla chips. Creamy avocado, sweet berries, pure honey and tangy lime juice give this salsa a beautiful balance of flavor.
Strawberry season only lasts 3-4 weeks here at Eckert’s, and I will be making strawberry-everything to capitalize on the season!!
Eat well this spring, Angie
- 1 cup finely chopped Eckert’s strawberries
- 1/4 cup chopped avocado (about 1/2)
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped red onion
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. lime zest
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 seeded jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. Eckert’s Pure Honey
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- In a medium bowl, gently combine ingredients. Allow flavors to blend for 30 minutes. Serve immediately over grilled pork or chicken or with Eckert’s fresh tortilla chips. Makes about 2 cups.